Under the aegis of the Center for SFM & FC, research is conducted to provide policy inputs to the Central & State Governments. India provides a unique opportunity and has a substantial area under the natural forest and plantation. The development of standards for forest certification for various components of the forest is undertaken in consultation with various stakeholders and work towards its mutual recognition from international schemes.
- Yadav, Manmohan 2016. Handbook on Forest Certification. Published by TERI Press, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi, INDIA. ISBN 978-81-7993-300-8. Details
- Yadav, Manmohan 2013. Forest Certification: Sustaining Forestry in India. Centre for SFM&FC, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, INDIA. ISBN 978-81-7969-078-9. Details
- Country Report based on National Set of C&I for SFM, 2009 Country Report
- Sustainable Forest Management Annoted bibliography 2006
- Indu Kumari and Manmohan Yadav 2011. Dependence of Forest Villagers on NWFP Collection: A Study of Dependence of Forest Villagers on Non-Wood Forest, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, p. 140 (ISBN-10: 3845434899, ISBN-13: 978-3845434896).
- Yadav, Manmohan; PC Kotwal and BL Menaria. 2007. Forest Certification: A Tool for Sustainable Forest Management. ISBN: 81-7969-047-4. Pages 1-190.
- Kotwal, PC; Manmohan Yadav; MD Omprakash; BL Menaria and D Dugaya. 2006. Annotated Bibliography on Sustainable Forest Management and Forest Certification – 2006. ISBN: 81-7969-036-09. Pages 1-186.
- Manmohan Yadav (2012), “The future we want but the present we do not want to commit”, IIFM Communiqué. April 2012 (faculty column) p3-4.
- Fostering Prosperity Brochure
- Yadav, Manmohan, Dharmendra Dugaya and Chandra Prakash Kala. 2021 Nutritive value of Mahua (Madhuca longifolia) and its importance for health security. Smarika, magazine published by MP State MFP (T&D) Cooperative Fed. Ltd, Bhopal during International Herbal Fair 2021.
- Current Science, Vol. 94, No. 8, 25 April 2008 SFM in India
- NTFP Certification in India: Opportunities and Challenges Environ Dev Sustain (2013)
- Yadav Manmohan, Sandeep Tambe, Advait Edgaonkar, Ashish David, Jigyasa Bisaria, Omprakash D Madguni, Dharmendra Dugaya, Rishabh Srikar and Niharika. 2020. Need and Importance of Development of Species-Specific Criteria and Indicators for SFM: Sal Forest in Central India. Working paper series 2020/01, CSFM & FC IIFM at https://iifm.ac.in/wp-content/uploads//Download.pdf
- Working Paper C&I for Sustainable NTFP Management in India
- Status of Forest Products Production and Trade Working Paper Series (2013/1)
- Working paper for species-specific Criteria and Indicators for SFM with a special focus on Sal (Shorea robusta)
- Yadav, Manmohan and Dharmendra Dugaya. 2021. Criteria and Indicators framework to measure the sustainability of forest resources in India and their contribution to SDGs and GFGs. Paper communicated to XV World Forestry Congress on ‘ Building a Green, Healthy and Resilient Future with Forests scheduled during 2–6 May 2022, Coex, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Singh, Vijay Pratap and Yadv Manmohan. (2019). Institutional Mechanism for Responsible NTFP Resource Management: A Case Study of Herbal Products Cluster at Chitrakoot Paper presented in International conference on ‘Responsible Management of Non-Timber Forest Produce: Access and Benefit Sharing’, Bhopal during 20-21 December 2019.
- Yadav, Manmohan, Dharmendra Dugaya and Kalpana Basera. 2011. Opportunities and Challenges for NWFP Certification in India. Paper presented in International conference on ‘Managing NWFPs for Sustained Livelihoods’ organized at RCVP Noronha Academy of Administration & Management, Bhopal during 17-19 December 2011.
- Yadav, Manmohan. 2011. Forest Certification: Opportunities and Challenges for India. Invited Paper for the 1st Indian Forest Congress (IFC) organized at ICFRE, Dehradun during 22-25 November 2011.
- Yadav, Manmohan and Dharmendra Dugaya. 2010. Timber Forest Certification Scenario: An Overview. In K Jayaraman, M Balasundaran, KV Bhat and CN Krishnankutty (Eds) Production and Marketing of Teakwood: Future Scenarios (pp 30-47). TEAKNET: Lumiere Printers, Thrissur, Kerala, India.
- Yadav, Manmohan; PC Kotwal; MD Omprakash; BL Menaria and Dharmendra Dugaya. 2008. Forest certification of planted forest based on the experience of Bhopal-India process. Processing and Marketing of Teak wood products of planted forests organized by KFRI in collaboration with ITTO, MoEF, IUFRO during 25-28 Sept. 2007. Pp 132-145.
- 2021: Organized an International Conference on ‘MFP for health security’ during 24-25 December 2021. The conference organized by MP MFP Federation in association with IIFM at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal as part of International Herbal fair 2021.
- 2019: Organized an International conference on ‘Responsible Management of Non-Timber Forest Produce: Access and Benefit Sharing’ during 20-21 December 2019. The conference organized by MP MFP Federation in association with IIFM at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal as part of International Herbal fair 2019.
- 2017: Organized an International Conference on ‘Awareness and Dissemination of Indigenous of Traditional Knowledge for sustainability of NTFP Resources’ during 15-16 December 2017. The conference organized by MP MFP Federation in association with IIFM at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal as part of International Herbal fair 2017.
- 2013: Organised Key Stakeholder Consultation on ‘Approach towards Development of NWFP Standards for Forest Certification in India’ at IIFM on March 19, 2013.
- 2009: Launch Workshop of Ecotourism SMFE (Small and Medium Forest Based Enterprises) at Kathotiya in FDA Sehore, Madhya Pradesh on Feb 5, 2009 sponsored by NEAB, MOEF, Government of India.
- 2008: Launch Workshop of MAP Processing & Marketing SMFE (Small and Medium Forest Based Enterprises) at Rehti in FDA Sehore, Madhya Pradesh on Nov. 09, 2008 sponsored by NEAB, MOEF, Government of India.
- 2008: Launch Workshop of Budhni Woodcraft SMFE (Small and Medium Forest Based Enterprises) at Budhni in FDA Sehore, Madhya Pradesh on March 31, 2008 sponsored by NEAB, MOEF, Government of India Launch WS of Budhni SMFE.
- 2007: Workshop on “Building Managerial Capacity of Key Stakeholders of FDA in Tribal Dominated Areas of Chhattisgarh” during January 15-16, 2007 at Raipur”.
- 2005: Organised International workshop on SFM- C & I.
- 2005: 8th SMF Annual Convention & Conference on “Strategic issues in Development Organizations and Corporate Social Responsibility”, at IIFM, Bhopal, May 09-11, 2005 under the aegis of Strategic Management Forum.
- 2004: Workshop on “National Workshop for developing modalities for involving Private sector in PPP for Afforestation of Degraded forests” at IIFM, Bhopal, October 18-19, 2004.
- 2003: Organized Workshop Sensitization on Forest Certification was at Agartala, Tripura State in July 2004.
- 2002: Organized a workshop on Forest certification and labeling in association with Madhya Pradesh Forest department on November 9, 2002.
- 2000: Organized Regional workshop for Dry Zone Asia.
Expert Group Meetings /Workshop Attended
- 2017: Participated in FSC 2nd Global Social Chamber Membership Meeting 01-14 February 2017, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- 2013: Represented Government of India, Ministry of Environment and Forests in Expert Group Meeting on Sharing of Best Practices of SFM in South Asia organized by SAARC Forestry Centre (SFC) from Nov 26-28, 2013 at Thimphu Bhutan.
- 2008: Malaysia, Kuala-Lumpur and Negeri Sembilan (May 2008) as Coordinator of Study tour on Forest Certification to Malaysia under IIFM-ITTO project on SFM.
- Member, National Forest Certification Committee, GoI, MOEFCC
- Member, FSC National Standard Development Group INDIA
- 2002: Represented Government of India in ITTO’s Workshop on ‘Phased Approaches to Certification for Asia-Pacific’, Jakarta, INDONESIA January 15-16, 2002.